Weapon of Choice

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Weapon of Choice

Forums for Weapon of Choice FFXI Linkshell on Valefor

3 posters

I know this seems random, but.............

Auraflare
    Auraflare

I know this seems random, but............. Empty I know this seems random, but.............

Post  Auraflare Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:02 pm

Ok, I have three cats. One is part maine coon, and has a senstive stomach. I've fed him every and i mean EVERY senstive stomach formula I could find, and ya, no dice. I'm starting to think about feeding him a raw food diet, and was wondering out of the ecletic group of ppl we have in the ls, if by any chance any of you could suggest how I go about this. (My vet thinks i'm crazy -.-...and ppl wonder why i want to become a vet -.-.) I'm really worried about him cause he can't keep most of his food down and is losing weight because of it. I love him to death, and the vet says nothing is wrong with him besides the sensitive stomach. ; ;. I don't want to get rid of him. That and he's extremely bonded to me and the hubby, so if i do....he might not survive it. So finding him a new home is not an option. I've looked on the web for days, and ugh, all the resources on raw food diets and i'm scratching my head.
    Urzat

I know this seems random, but............. Empty Re: I know this seems random, but.............

Post  Urzat Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:08 pm

Ironiclly, before I became an engineer I wanted to be a vet, and did a lot of volunteer work at animal hospital here in Boston. If you really want to try feeding him a raw diet you should start with the highest quality raw fish you can find. Sushi quality fish is best. Bascilly, if you wouldn't eat it raw don't feed it to him. Depending on how he handles that you could eventually move on to some less expensive cuts. You could even try feeding him some cooked meat, like some cut up boiled or grilled chicken breast or tuna. When I still had my cat I refused to feed him the crap that the pets stores sold. He basiclly ate what I ate. Although that cat had an iron stomach, he could and wopuld litterally share pizza and various other crazy things with me. For the most part I would make myself some chicken or fish and share it with him, I would stay away from the red meat though.......even though he would still insit on having some of that, I couldn't say no to him.
    Auraflare
    Auraflare

I know this seems random, but............. Empty Re: I know this seems random, but.............

Post  Auraflare Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:56 am

Talked to a vet closer to the house, and he suggested I try a grain free food before switching them to raw. Just to get their systems used to it. Searched the web for hooooooooooooooours, and finally found a grain free, and some raw foods. (the raw are expensive as fuk, so might be easier just to make my own. Now where to find free range organic chicken). The grain free is about the same price as the organic Eukanuba i've been feeding them, so not so bad.

Thank you though Urz. had a very hectic day yesterday, so was just fustrated by it all. Babysat friend's kids, then tried to help her with her college trig. then cleaned the house some. then the hubby got home, so had to make dinner. Today, just as busy thus far. -.-. (if i don't get me time today, i'm gonna go nuts)
    Sumimi
    Sumimi

Post  Sumimi Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:12 am

Yeah raw sushi fish is expensive, I think the sushi side at my store sells it at ~16-18 bucks a pound for Atlantic (cut) Salmon.

Hell, look at the prices on Vana'Diel, even Sole Sushi is expensive!
    Auraflare
    Auraflare

Post  Auraflare Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:13 am

but your close to the ocean o.o. More expensive here, and ungodly hard to find. gotta love upstate ny.
    Sumimi
    Sumimi

Post  Sumimi Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:36 am

Toronto is close to the Ocean?

*Paradigm Shift* OMG \(O.O)/
    Auraflare
    Auraflare

Post  Auraflare Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:06 am

oops, my bad.
    Urzat

Post  Urzat Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:08 pm

lol I think she though that was me...and yes I am on the ocean lol. Im glad to help Aura ^^
    Auraflare
    Auraflare

Post  Auraflare Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:07 pm

if yall only knew. ; ;. still got a shit load on the to do list for today. -.-

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:38 am