Weapon of Choice

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Weapon of Choice

Forums for Weapon of Choice FFXI Linkshell on Valefor

+3
Gcat
Klonen
Knocturnal
7 posters

Introducing the Square-Enix Security Token

Knocturnal

Introducing the Square-Enix Security Token Empty Introducing the Square-Enix Security Token

Post  Knocturnal Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:48 am

For you unsecure PC users:

Introducing the Square Enix Security Token (03/10/2009)

As a result of growing account security concerns within the online gaming community, Square Enix is proud to introduce the Square Enix Security Token. The token greatly increases the security of PlayOnline accounts by allowing users to log on by using a constantly changing one-time password that is displayed on the screen. The Square Enix Security Token will be available for purchase through the PlayOnline Viewer in the near future for those who wish to take advantage of the added security this optional service provides. As a special incentive, each Square Enix Security Token will come with an exciting in-game bonus which may just prove indispensible during your many adventures in Vana'diel!

Information on the Security Token's release date and price, as well as further details regarding the in-game bonus, will be announced at a later date.
    Klonen
    Klonen

Introducing the Square-Enix Security Token Empty Re: Introducing the Square-Enix Security Token

Post  Klonen Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:03 am

Wow, that's going a bit overboard. But it's so nerdy that I may just have to get one if they aren't too costly.

"What's that on your keychain?" A password that changes every 30 seconds that I use to access the highly restricted and secure account of... well... the online RPG that I play.

Suspect

What's next, the Square Enix Fingerprint Reader? Retinal Scanner? DNA Tissue Sampler?
    lol {Yes, please.}
    Knocturnal

Introducing the Square-Enix Security Token Empty Re: Introducing the Square-Enix Security Token

Post  Knocturnal Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:06 am

You know you want one though haha! Only bad thing, I'm sure its a pain the ass to get one if you somehow lose it, or at the least will prob have downtime as SE has to send/configure/etc a replacement. How do you secure your secure token, lol?
    Gcat
    Gcat

Post  Gcat Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:23 am

BUYING NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
    Fico
    Fico

Post  Fico Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:47 pm

Gcat wrote:BUYING NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
    Same
    Fico
    Fico

Post  Fico Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:40 am

http://www.playonline.com/cis/us/
    Square Enix Account

Registration Launch: - April 7, 2009 (Mon)
    Registration Location: - Square Enix website
    Compatible Services (Initial): - FINAL FANTASY XI, PlayOnline

Square Enix Security Token

Release Date: - April 7, 2009 (Mon)
    Price: - $9.99(Includes tax and shipping)
    Where to Purchase: - Available for purchase via the PlayOnline Viewer
    Bonus with Purchase: - The ”Mog Satchel” will be included as an in-game bonus for FINAL FANTASY XI players who purchase a security token(*1). The “Mog Satchel” will provide up to 80 additional inventory slots and can be accessed anywhere whether the player is in the Mog House or out adventuring in Vana’diel®. (*2)

*1 It is required for the PlayOnline ID to be linked to the Square Enix Account that has a security token associated.
    *2 The space provided by the Mog Satchel is equal to the character’s Gobbiebag capacity.
    Fico
    Fico

Post  Fico Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:45 am

Fico wrote:
    Bonus with Purchase: - The ”Mog Satchel” will be included as an in-game bonus for FINAL FANTASY XI players who purchase a security token(*1). The “Mog Satchel” will provide up to 80 additional inventory slots and can be accessed anywhere whether the player is in the Mog House or out adventuring in Vana’diel®. (*2)

Quoted again for emphasis.
    Klonen
    Klonen

Post  Klonen Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:56 am

Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
    Holy. Crap.

BUYING
    Gcat
    Gcat

Post  Gcat Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:41 am

wait so we get another 80 storage, and they are raising the amount of held inventory?
    Klonen
    Klonen

Post  Klonen Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:03 am

Mog Satchel = size of your gobby bag. So when you get the 80 upgrade, your satchel can hold 80 too.
    Klonen
    Klonen

Post  Klonen Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:14 am

They said you can access it from anywhere.. I wonder if it's going to be an item that takes up a space in your inventory that you access by "using" it (like Maze Runes) or if it's a separate menu where you can swap things between your inventory/MH/locker to satchel.
    Gcat
    Gcat

Post  Gcat Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:53 am

Yeah i dont understand, so we would have 160 inv slots then? go go blm and rdm
    Sumimi
    Sumimi

Post  Sumimi Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:10 pm

That's gay, I thought SE promised non-game breaking items.

This impacts it pretty badly.
    Kaffkaz
    Kaffkaz

Post  Kaffkaz Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:33 pm

April Fools?
    Fico
    Fico

Post  Fico Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:59 pm

Sumimi wrote:That's gay, I thought SE promised non-game breaking items.

It sucks so much to carry gear for more than one job at one time potentially, damn SE for giving us something we have been asking for for 4 years.
    Gcat
    Gcat

Post  Gcat Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:17 pm

Fico wrote:
    Sumimi wrote:That's gay, I thought SE promised non-game breaking items.

It sucks so much to carry gear for more than one job at one time potentially, damn SE for giving us something we have been asking for for 4 years.

lol FUCK YOU SE FOR KEEPING US SAFE AND GIVING US MORE SPACE!!!!

WHY DON'T YOU EVER LISTEN TO US!!! WE JUST DONT WANT OUR SHIT NOT TO BE HAXED AND TO BE ABLE TO CARRY MORE SHIT!!

o wait u gave that to us....... hmmm scratch
    Daleven
    Daleven
    Admin

Post  Daleven Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:02 am

Wow, was thinking about buying it already. Now I basically have no choice. lol
    Kaffkaz
    Kaffkaz

Post  Kaffkaz Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:30 am

So I bought Mine ...anybody else get there's yet?
    Klonen
    Klonen

Post  Klonen Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:33 am

I'm at work but I'm gonna buy over lunch!

Good news is they have confirmed you can buy it, activate, receive your mog satchel and then deactivate. {I have plans.}

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content